A cancer recurrence is every cancer survivors greatest fear. In her return visit to the WE Have Cancer podcast, Courtney Forget talks intimately about this fear. We also discussed:
- How she went from looking forward to her ileostomy reversal – as discussed in Episode 43 – to loving her life with a permanent ostomy.
- Living with the constant fear of a cancer recurrence after having two “cancer scares.”
- The importance of getting second, and even third, opinions.
- Her thoughts on being naive about her initial diagnosis and how she looks at her survivorship today.
- Why she’s not a fan of ringing the bell at her cancer center after completing treatment.
- The role her husband has played as her cancer caregiver.
- The reason she adopted a Greyhound dog and why she’s training him to be a therapy dog.
- The challenge of moving to a new city and finding a new Oncologist.
Links Mentioned In the WE Have Cancer Podcast
Courtney’s first appearance on the Colon Cancer (WE Have Cancer) podcast – https://wehavecancershow.com/043
Pet Partners – https://petpartners.org/