Yovana Maria Portillo is a young lung cancer survivor who was diagnosed with stage 1b lung cancer purely by accident.
During our conversation we discussed:
- The story behind the accident that saved her life.
- The details of her surgery and subsequent follow-ups.
- The impact her disease had on her life.
- The stigma associated with lung cancer and the burden of blame that many lung cancer patients and survivors face.
- Where Yovana turned to when she needed support.
- How she dealt with friends and family who were afraid to utter the word “cancer” in her presence.
- The important roles exercise and spirituality play in her life
Connect with Yovana
Follow her on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/azhikeryogirunner/
Connect with her on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yovanamariaportillo
Follow her on Twitter: https://twitter.com/asuxfin
WE Have Cancer Links
Subscribe to the show:
Follow WE Have Cancer on Social Media
Know someone touched by cancer who has an inspiring story?