Candace first appeared on the podcast back in 2015. You can listen to that interview here.
Much has changed in Candace’s life since then. During our conversation we discussed:
- How her life has changed 15 years since her original diagnosis.
- The alarming number of questions she is asked during her advocacy work that reflect many people’s lack of knowledge about their own bodies.
- The advocacy work she is doing, along with Dr. Andrew Albert, in the Chicago area.
- The growth of her non-profit, The Blue Hat Foundation.
- The reason why many people of color are distrustful of the medical community.
Links mentioned in this episode
The Blue Hat Foundation – https://www.thebluehatfoundation.org/
Candace on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/penelopepit_stop/
Candace on Twitter – https://twitter.com/colon_survivor
The Blue Hat Foundation on Twitter – https://twitter.com/BlueHats4colons