Maureen Famiano was originally diagnosed with Colorectal Cancer in 2010. Six weeks after colon resection surgery she learned her cancer had spread to her lymph nodes. During our conversation we discussed:
- Why asking questions of your doctor and advocating for your care is so important.
- The specific questions to ask your doctor after a cancer diagnosis.
- The complications she experienced after her treatment and the choices she needed to make.
- Why she chose to get a 2nd, 3rd and 4th opinion and why the 4th opinion was her best option.
- How she evaluated her treatment options, including a possible permanent ostomy, and what she ultimately decided on.
- The lifestyle changes she was required to make moving forward.
Links Mentioned In the WE Have Cancer Podcast
Connect with Maureen on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/maureen.famiano
WE Have Cancer Links
Subscribe to the WE Have Cancer Podcast – https://pod.link/wehavecancer
Follow WE Have Cancer on Social Media
Like our Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/wehavecancershow/
Join our private Facebook group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/wehavecancershow/
Follow us on Twitter – https://twitter.com/wehavecancerpod
Follow us on Instagram – https://instagram.com/wehavecancerpod
Follow us on LinkedIn – https://linkedin.com/company/wehavecancer
Know someone touched by cancer who has an inspiring story?
Nominate a guest to appear on the podcast – https://wehavecancershow.com/guest