In 2005 Wendi was diagnosed with stage 3 metastatic ovarian cancer. She also tested positive for the BRCA 1 gene. After treatment, which included a hysterectomy and prophylactic double mastectomy, she was pronounced “cured” after five years.
- How a case of appendicitis led to the diagnosis of her cancer recurrence.
- The challenges she now faces with the metastasis to her peritoneum.
- HIPEC as an option for treatment of her cancer recurrence.
- The long-term side effects of her initial treatment and how it's impacted her life.
- How her cancer recurrence has impacted decisions on her life moving forward.
- How turning to her faith has brought her comfort.
Links Mentioned In the WE Have Cancer Podcast
Connect with Wendi – http://wendicooper.com/