Janet Fanaki created Resilient People, Stories to Inspire while caring for her husband who was diagnosed with an aggressive form of Brain Cancer in 2016.
During our conversation we discussed:
- How she came up with the idea for Resilient People.
- Why building a community has benefited her.
- How her husband came to be diagnosed with Glioblastoma and the treatment that was prescribed for him.
- The current state of her husband's health.
- How she finds the stories to profile on Resilient People.
- The story of Jason Fiorotto, who founded the Tory Day Fund in memory of his wife who passed away from Breast Cancer.
- What she's learned from the Resilient People project.
- The story of the 90 year-old Holocaust survivor profiled on her site.
Links Mentioned In the WE Have Cancer Podcast
Resilient People – http://www.resilientpeople.ca/
Resilient People on Instagram – https://instagram.com/resilientpeopleca
Resilient People on Twitter – https://twitter.com/resilientpeopl
Resilient People on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/resilientpeopleca/
The Tory Day Fund – http://www.toryday.org/
WE Have Cancer Links
Subscribe to the show – https://pod.link/wehavecancer
Follow WE Have Cancer on Social Media
Like our Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/wehavecancershow/
Join our private Facebook group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/wehavecancershow/
Follow us on Twitter – https://twitter.com/wehavecancerpod
Follow us on Instagram – https://instagram.com/wehavecancerpod
Follow us on LinkedIn – https://linkedin.com/company/wehavecancer
Know someone touched by cancer who has an inspiring story?
Nominate a guest to appear on the podcast – https://wehavecancershow.com/guest