n our first episode supporting 2019 Colon Cancer Awareness Month, Carole Motycka talks about how advocacy and faith has helped her far outlive her doctor's initial prognosis.
During this interview we talked about:
- How a minor hiking accident led to her diagnosis of stage 4 colon cancer and Juvenile Polyposis Syndrome (JPS).
- Her doctors giving her a 6-11 month prognosis, three years ago.
- The treatment and support she received from the Cleveland Clinic.
- Why she needed a liver transplant after doctors finding No Evidence of Disease.
- How a liver donor was found and her relationship with this fellow church member.
- The role her faith played in her diagnosis, recovery and her life going forward.
Connect With Carole