In the fall of 2013, Shawn Watson was diagnosed with Stage 4 Lymphoma. Shawn credits his faith and passion for exercise, specifically cycling for helping him recover from his diagnosis. During our conversation we discussed:
- How he went from barely being able to walk 300 steps in a day to cycling up to 100 miles.
- The role his faith has played in his recovery.
- His thoughts on how anyone can use exercise in their cancer recovery.
- Why he refers to himself as The world’s okayest cyclist.
- Why it’s important to him to build a community and help others.
- How he got into public speaking by reaching out to the manufacturer of one of the drugs used in his treatment.
- How he has dealt with people who “don’t know what to say.”
- The smartphone apps he uses to track his exercise and keep him motivated.
Links Mentioned In the Show
Connect With Shawn
On Instagram – https://instagram.com/worlds_okayest_cyclist
On Twitter – https://twitter.com/okayestcyclist
His blog – https://worldsokayestcyclist.wordpress.com/