Michele Longabaugh is a 9-year stage 4 cancer survivor. She was diagnosed in 2010 with anal cancer and has far exceeded her 3-year “expiration date,” as she described it.
During our conversation we discussed:
- The challenging treatment she went through
- The stigma associated with anal cancer
- The long term side effects of her treatments and how she’s managing them
- What she meant when she said “I wish they would have treated me like I was going to survive.”
- Why she feels like she’s now “living the dream” as a cancer survivor.
- The fact that many oncologists and surgeons fail to address the impact of cancer on the sexual function of cancer survivors and patients and how she’d like this to change.
- How she wishes patients would be offered “cancer rehab.”
- How surviving cancer has changed her.
Links Mentioned In The Show
Interview with Dr. Sage Bolte – https://wehavecancershow.com/069
52 Shades of Blue – http://www.52shadesofblue.com
Michele’s book If You’re Not Laughing, You’re Dying – http://www.52shadesofblue.com/her-book/#
Her blog – http://ihavebuttwhat.tumblr.com
On Instagram – https://instagram.com/pollyannalife
On Twitter – https://twitter.com/crazyasscancer