In 2009, shortly after completing her first Ironman Triathalon, Teri Griege was diagnosed with Stage IV colon cancer. She was 48 years old.
During our conversation we discussed:
- How her diagnosis saved the lives of her two older sisters.
- Her setting a goal to complete a half Ironman one year after her diagnosis and how she trained for this during her cancer treatments.
- Completing six major marathons around the world.
- Her book, Powered by Hope and the non-profit she created by the same name.
- Her advocacy work with Pedal the Cause, the Colorectal Cancer Alliance and Fight CRC.
Links Mentioned In The Show
Teri’s website – http://terigriege.com/
Powered by Hope – https://www.poweredbyhope.org/
Pedal the Cause – https://www.pedalthecause.org/
Colorectal Cancer Alliance – https://www.ccalliance.org/
Fight CRC – https://fightcolorectalcancer.org/
Colon Cancer Coalition – https://coloncancercoalition.org/
Connect With Teri